How can I show abbreviated journal names on the reference list?
First, make sure the setting of journal abbreviation is correct for the style you chose:
- Select the style you are using.
- Click on Tools.
- Select Output Styles.
- Click on Edit "(style name)".
- Select Journal Names from the sidebar.
- Make sure Abbreviation is selected under Journal Name Format.
Then, you can import the list of journal names with abbreviations in different subject by the steps below:
- Click on Library.
- Select Open Term Lists.
- Click on Journals Term List.
- Switch to Lists tab.
- Select Journals.
- Click on Import List...
- Select appropriate list(s) to import, and then click on Open.
You may also refer to this video to learn more about how to set up a journals term list.
For more details, please refer to our online guide for EndNote.